3 More Years For Our Great Scottish Run Partnership

We are delighted to extend our partnership of Scotland’s biggest mass participation running event, the Bank of Scotland Great Scottish Run from 2017 to 2019.

Over 30,000 runners took part in 2016, our 8th year of support. The extension of the partnership will see the event continue to grow and encourage runners of all abilities from across the length and breadth of Scotland to lead a healthy and active life.    

Together with the Great Run Company there is a combined ambition to continue that growth and develop elements of the race with a focus on the reach, encouraging participation in running across Scottish businesses, communities and young people to get fit and support charity fundraising. Each year hundreds of our colleagues take part supporting our charity of the year or a cause personal to them, raising thousands of pounds.

Philip Grant, Chair, Scottish Executive Committee Lloyds Banking Group, said: “The event creates such a brilliant opportunity for people from communities all over Scotland to come together at a fantastic weekend of sport, to raise money for charity and take on a personal challenge. It is a wonderful demonstration of our continuing commitment to supporting Scottish communities, helping them to be stronger and more prosperous.”

Saleema Rashid, Bank of Scotland colleague said: "I volunteered last year on the Saturday and ran on the Sunday. I was so motivated by the colleagues on the cheering bus I signed up to volunteer to support both days this year. It was excellent and I was truly inspired by all the runners and everyone who took part whether it was running or volunteering."